Wall Coatings Products
Sikagard® 550 W Elastocolor
Elastomeric, crack-bridging, anti-carbonation, acrylic protective coating. Sikagard 550W Elastocolor provides protection to reinforced concrete from the ingress of carbon dioxide and other aggressive gasses. It offers high resistance to chlorides and other waterborne salts and excellent UV light resistance. Sikagard 550W Elastocolor will not act as vapor barrier and will enhance the aesthetic appearance of the structure.
UseProtective, crack-bridging coating for concrete, mortar, stucco, masonry, and exterior finishing systems subject to cracking/dynamic movement. On building and civil engineering structures subject to cracking. As the top coat in complete repair and protection systems.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Can bridge dynamically moving cracks
- Excellent carbonation barrier
- Water vapor permeable
- Provides resistance to weathering, frost and deicing salts
- Crack bridging properties maintained at low temperatures
- Excellent long term UV light resistance
- Can be applied by brush, roller, or airless spray
- Good color stability
- Extremely resistant to dirt pick up and mildew
- Nontoxic, nonflammable as a system
- Easily maintained silk finish
Color469 standard colors. Custom color-matching available.
Packaging5 gallon, re-closable plastic pails.
Sikagard 570 is an exceptionally elastomeric, high build, waterborne coating designed to accommodate movement and cracking in structures. The coating is cured by exposure to the UV radiation present in sunlight, developing a surface skin which is relatively harder than the bulk of the coating beneath. Thus, it has a hard wearing surface but the underlying coating is comparatively mobile, tolerating pronounced movement without cracking or splitting. Similarly, as more material is gradually exposed due to natural erosion, the hard surface is maintained. The coating dries rapidly to a matte finish, and retains its elasticity both at very low temperatures and in extremes of heat, protecting substrates against weathering, water ingress and aggressive atmospheric chemicals. In addition it also provides an effective barrier to carbonation when applied over reinforced concrete. Sikagard 570 exhibits excellent color retention, has a dirt resistant surface, is capable of very high moisture vapor transmission and has excellent low temperature crack bridging properties.
Sikagard® 670 W
Water dispersed colored, acrylic, protective coating. Sikagard 670W prevents moisture ingress, is water vapor permeable and provides an excellent carbonation barrier.
UseAbove grade, exterior application on buildings or civil engineering structures. It is designed to aesthetically enhance and protect concrete and other masonry substrates subject to normal hydrothermal movement. Protective, decorative seal coat for SikaColor and Sikadur Balcony Systems.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Easy to apply.
- Extremely resistant to dirt pick-up and mildew.
- Excellent resistance to carbon dioxide and other aggressive gas diffusion.
- Excellent UV resistance.
- Excellent weathering resistance.
- Prevents ingress of chlorides.
- Cost effective protection.
- Vapor permeable; allows each way water vapor diffusion (breathable).