Sika Corporation proudly announces the continued sponsorship of its Sikaflex® Challenge Cup Build-a-Boat events throughout the 2014 summer months. These fun events challenge contestants to design, build and race a small boat utilizing limited plywood, lumber and only fast curing Sikaflex®-291 as the adhesive and sealant.
Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishers in the actual sea trials. The winner of the race receives the coveted Sikaflex® Challenge Cup. Additionally, there are also trophies awarded for Best Design and Fastest Build. Sika has continuously sponsored the Sikaflex® Challenge Cup Build-a-Boat contest for more than 20 years. These events are a great showcase of Sika’s commitment to the Marine community. The 2014 summer schedule is listed below:
2014 Sikaflex® Challenge Cup Schedule
- Norfolk Boat Building Challenge - Harborfest - June 7-8 Norfolk, VA
- Canal Fest of the Tonawanda’s - July 13-19 Tonawanda, NY
- Door County Maritime Museum - August 2-3 Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Port Jefferson Old Home Week - August 16-17 Long Island, NY
- Windjammer Festival -August 30-31 Camden, ME