Products for Underwater Concrete
Sikament® 100 SC
Unique bipolymer anti-washout admixture for the underwater placement of concrete and grout. Sikament 100 SC meets the requirements of CRD-C661-06.
UseRecommended for underwater placement of concrete and grout in fresh and saltwater environments. Sikament 100 SC improves underwater “stacking” characteristics when concrete is placed by tremie operations. The ability of concrete mixtures to penetrate and consolidate foundation rock layers is dramatically improved, for example, as required in jetty sealing operations. Sikament 100 SC may also be used as a water reducing and anti-washout additive for placement into bentonite slurries or similar materials.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Reduce or eliminate dewatering costs associated with underwater construction.
- Concrete is easy to pump and flows readily into available spaces.
- Segregation and dilution are reduced, in-place compressive and bond strengths are significantly increased.
- Laitance on concrete surface caused by cement paste washout during curing is reduced or eliminated.
- The active slump life of the concrete is doubled without extended delays in setting time.
Packaging5 gallon (19 liter) pails, 55 gallon (208 liter) drums and bulk delivery.