SikaTard 440 is a new hydration controlling admixture to control the hydration of cement. The use of Sikatard 440 allows the concrete producer to stabilize concrete mixes for long periods without negatively affecting concrete durability.
- Transport freshly batched ready mix concrete for long distances.
- For better control of concrete set time in hot and cold weather concreting applications.
- Large concrete pours; to help prevent cold joints.
- Pumping long distances
- Low water cement ratio concrete, such as high strength or pervious concrete.
- High early strength concrete for improvement of workable life without a detrimental effect on early strengths.
- Stabilize shotcrete mixes
- Whenever controlled set time or cement hydration is required.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Increases workable life of concrete up to several hours.
- Allows controlled delay in set time.
- Provides flexibility in planning and scheduling concrete pours.
- The effect of SikaTard 440 in concrete can be negated by addition of appropriate accelerators, at any time.
SikaTard 440 is available in 55 gallon drum (208 liter), 275 gallon totes (1040 liters) and bulk delivery.