Shrinkage Reducing Admixture
Sika® Control 40
Shrinkage reducing admixture used to produce high performance concrete with greatly reduced drying shrinkage.
- Insitu concrete floors where reduced shrinkage minimizes risk of shrinkage cracking for the same joint spacing, and allows greater joint spacing without increasing the risk of shrinkage cracking.
- In thin bonded topping slabs, to minimize the difference in shrinkage between the new top ping and the existing substrate.
- In concrete elements which are restrained against shrinkage.
- For durable concrete in marine environments.
- For watertight concrete in reservoirs, sewage treatment plants, and dams.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Greatly reduced drying shrinkage.
- Reduction in drying shrinkage cracking.
- Reduces the potential for slab curling.
- Substantially improved impermeability, resulting in improved concrete durability.
Packaging5 gal. (18.9 liter) pail, 55 gal. (208 liter) drum, 275 gal. (1040 liter) tote and bulk delivery.
Sika Control-220 is a unique, non-chloride based chemical admixture that has been specifically designed to reduce concrete drying shrinkage. Sika Control- 220 does not contain any chemical ingredients that will cause expansion of concrete.Sika Control-220 reduces concrete shrinkage when tested against a plain reference mix.