Building Envelope Sealant
Sikadur® 31 Hi-Mod Gel (1:1 Mix Ratio)
2-component, 100% solids, solvent-free, moisture-tolerant, high-modulus, high-strength, structural epoxy paste adhesive.
- Structural bonding of concrete, masonry, metals, wood, etc. to a maximum glue line of 1⁄8 in. (3 mm).
- Grout bolts, dowels, and pins.
- Seals cracks and around injection ports prior to pressure-injection grouting.
- Interior, vertical, and overhead repair of concrete as an epoxy mortar binder.
- As a pick-proof sealant around windows, doors, lock-ups etc. inside correctional facilities.
Characteristics and Advantages
- Meets physical requirements of ASTM C-881 Types I, II & IV, Grade 3, Classes B & C.
- Suitable for potable water contact, meets NSF/ANSI Standard 61.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, masonry, metals, wood, and most structural materials.
- Paste consistency ideal for vertical and overhead repair of concrete.
- Fast-setting and strength-producing adhesive.
- Convenient easy mix ratio A:B = 1:1 by volume.
Packaging3 gal. (11.4 L) units.
Product Data SheetSikadur 31 Hi-Mod Gel (1:1 Mix Ratio)
Safety Data SheetSikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel (1:1 Mix Ratio) - Part A Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel (1:1 Mix Ratio) - Part B
Versatile sealing system for irregular and difficult joints and cracks. Withstands extreme movements and chemical exposures while maintaining a watertight seal.
- Types of Joints: construction, expansion, cracks, connecting
- Types of Substrates: concrete, mortar, steel, iron, aluminum, brick, wood, and other building materials
- Types of Structures: tunnels, pipes, storage tanks, swimming pools, parking garages, sewage treatment tanks, roofs
Characteristics and Advantages
- Exceptional adhesion on all common building materials.
- Easy application.
- Easy repair.
- Economical solution.
- Applicable even on damp surfaces... Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel, is moisture-tolerant.
- Fast-setting Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel, ensures early joint use.
- Permanently elastic, even at low temperatures.
- Seals large and small irregular joints, even with high movement.
- Resists many chemicals.
- Withstands UV light and is ozone resistant.
- Approved for contact with potable water.
- Perforations along edges of Combiflex sheeting provide “rivet effect” and add mechanical bond to augment chemical bond.
- Contractor has advantage of always working on surface of substrate; no need to remove existing failed joint sealant.
- No priming; no routing; no need to clean old joints.
- Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel, adhesive - concrete gray.
- Hypalon sheeting - concrete gray.
- Kits: Pre-measured kits containing 4 in. wide by 20 ft. long Hypalon sheeting, 60 oz. of Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel and 1 pint of Combiflex Activator.
- Hypalon sheeting - 4, 8 and 12 in. wide by 20 ft. long and 82 ft. long. Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel -3 gal. units, and 12 oz. units, 12/case.
The components may be also be purchased separately:
Sikadur®-Combiflex® SG System
High performance joint sealing system for construction, expansion and connection joints as well as for cracks. When fixed to the joint, allows irregular and high movement in more than one direction, while maintaining a high quality seal. The Sikadur Combiflex SG System consists of a modified flexible Polyolefin (FPO) waterproofing tape with advanced adhesion using Sikadur 31, Hi-Mod Gel (1:1 Mix Ratio).
A specially formulated, high-performance, swellable, one-component, polyurethane-based waterstop for use in all kinds of construction joints. Swelling rubber creates a compression seal within joint, blocking the passage of water.
- Designed for construction joints in new watertight concrete structures.
- Excellent for sealing pipe penetrations through walls and floor slabs.
- Excellent for sealing joints between precast elements.
- May be applied to horizontal, vertical and overhead surfaces.
- Ideal for watertight construction joints between new and existing concrete.