Insulation / Gap Fillers
Sika Boom is a pre-pressurized, portable, one-component, polyurethane foam system applied in a bead form. Sika Boom expands and cures slowly to a semi-rigid, closed cell foam upon reaction with moisture, such as ambient humidity. It is designed for easy dispensing through a straw adapter that is included with each can.
- On any clean surface to fill, insulate and seal around gaps, beneath base plates, muds sills, top plate penetrations, corner joints, T-joints, exterior cracks, around utility panels, pipes, duct penetrations, etc.
- For dispensing as a bead for filling cracks, crevices, and to fill smaller cavities.
Characteristics and Advantages
Sika Boom provides the following beneficial properties:
- Dries tack-free in approximately 8-10 minutes or less depending on moisture and temperature conditions.
- Fully cures within 24 hours.
- Cured foam can be sanded, painted or stained.
- Cured foam is resistant to heat and cold.
- Adheres to most building materials.
- Expands 2 to 3 times its original size.
12 oz. can, 12/carton. 20 oz. can, 12/carton