Water Reducing and Retarding Admixture
Plastiment is highly effective in hot weather concreting to offset the accelerating effects of high ambient temperatures by slowing the hydration reaction and controlling the hydration heat. Concrete workability is enhanced and a superior surface finish is obtained. In mass concrete pours, Plastiment controls temperature rise and reduces the risk of thermal cracking.
- Initial set times are delayed, allowing time for proper placement and finishing without cold joints in hot weather conditions.
- Plastiment increases concrete density and delivers increased early and ultimate, compressive and flexural strengths.
- For flatwork applications Plastiment acts as a finishing aid, workability is improved, bleeding is controlled and a superior surface finish is obtained.
- Lower water cement ratios provide decreased permeability and increased durability.
- Plastiment can be used to retard concrete during the hot weather concreting. Refer to ACI 305R Hot Weather Concreting for more information.