The Sika® AcouBond®-System incorporates Direct Bond Technology with acoustic performance. The Sika® AcouBond®-System consists of SikaLayer®-03, a 1/8” (3 mm) proprietary specially sloted foam mat, and the SikaBond®-T53, unique permanently elastic, super strong, sound dampening adhesive that form a tenacious bond to wood flooring, plywood subfloors, concrete and other common subfloor materials.
- Independently tested to – IIC 59 and STC 60 (see below)
- Independently tested to – FIIC 59 and FSTC 59 (see below)
- Extremely easy to install
- Structurally bonds wood flooring to subfloor
- SikaBond®-T53 bonds solid wood flooring up to 8 in. (18 cm) wide and engineered planks up to 14 in. (36 cm) wide directly to concrete substrates. No limitations on maximum wood length.
- Eliminates the extensive labor of installing cork underlayments
- No need for sleepers and plywood over concrete- and gypsum-based subfloors
- Innovative walk-on work method
- Can reduce overall installation costs up to 30%
- Suitable for bonding wood floors directly onto old ceramic tiles
- Reduces stress on the substrate