Sikafloor®-20 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor-20NA PurCem is a resin rich, easy to trowel, solid color, three-component, water dispersed, polyurethane-based/cement and aggregate screed. It is designed to provide excellent resistance to abrasion, impact, chemical attack and other physical abuse. Sikafloor-20NA PurCem has a textured aggregate surface providing moderate slip resistance. Selected aggregate can be broadcast into the wet screed to increase the surface texture. Typically installed at 1/4 to 3/8 in (6 to 9 mm) thickness.
- Can be applied on green concrete (typically 7 -10 days) after preparation (see surface prep section) and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 218 psi (1.5 MPa).
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where <100% relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Easy installation requiring less labor to install than traditional Sikafloor PurCem trowel grade materials.
- Resists a wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sika PurCem Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40°F (-40°C) up to 248°F (120°C).
- Steam cleanable at 1/4 - 3/8 in (6 - 9 mm) thickness.
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- Non-tainting, odorless.
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (<10% surface moisture), full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Behaves plastically under impact; deforms but will not crack or debond.
- Extra Expansion joints are not necessary; simply maintain and extend existing expansion
- joints up through the Sikafloor PurCem Flooring System.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM D3273 resistance to mold growth.
- Meets the requirements of USDA for use in food plants.