Due to its versatility, durability, and affordability, concrete has become the world's most popular building material. Since it is used on such an immense scale, it generates roughly 8% of global CO2 emissions. A cubic yard of concrete (about 3,900 lbs) is responsible for emitting about 400 lbs of CO2.
Innovative Technology for Ready Mix Producers
The Smarthatch system is installed on the truck mixing drum providing continuous real-time air and temperature measurement from batch plant to jobsite. The system measures air content in wet concrete as the drum rotates, providing operator and quality control personnel with air information. The Ready Mix producer can take action to adjust air content before arriving at the job site and on subsequent batches to ensure the mix will be within specification. Producers can better understand and optimize mix designs, expand their QC coverage, spend less time on the job and catch problems early. All of this translates into increased productivity, reduced waste and lower costs.
- Reduced rejected loads
- Reduce remediation expense
- Knowing actual volume, time and temperature enable optimal repurposing of concrete
- Optimize yield estimates and control
- Provide continuous measurement of entire load vs.. small sample size of traditional manual test
- Measure air before discharging
- Alert key personnel to out-of-specification concrete