The Sika West Coast distribution center at Chino, California proved its commitment to sustainability by converting all material handling units from propane fuel to electricity.
As a result, the site successfully eliminated all Scope 1 (direct from fossil fuel combustion) emissions from its operations.
The new additions to the fleet are an upgrade on two critical areas of Chino’s mission…
1. Front-line employees job satisfaction:
- Safety culture enhancement with the latest safety features.
- Morale boost through a smooth ride and ergonomics.
- Productivity increased with inventory control, elimination of down-time, and automatic features.
2. Reducing the environmental impact of operation:
- CO2 emissions reduced by approximately 50%.
- Reduced emissions from propane delivery trucks.
- Reduced maintenance, waste, and energy consumption.
To bring this initiative full circle, Chino recently offset 100% of its anticipated 2021-2022 Scope 2 (indirect from purchased electricity) emissions through the form of renewable energy certificates (RECs).
This means that Chino can boast Scope 1-2 carbon neutrality until 2023!