Reducing waste at every step of the product life cycle
- Recycling of production waste: Sika has been recycling production waste and roll edge trimmings since the 1960’s.
- Recycling of post-consumer waste (end-of-life): Sika was a pioneer in the development of recycling for used roofing membranes and actively participates in the end-of-life recycling program
- ROOFCOLLECT, the European collection and recycling initiative for roofing and other waterproofing membranes.
- In the USA, Sika has successfully introduced a recycling program for commercial roofing membranes. Innovative products made from recycled materials: production waste and post-consumer membranes are recycled into new products, such as protection sheets and walkway pads.
Why recycle your roof?
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Reduce waste and save money
- Earn credits towards LEED Certification
- Competitive advantage when bidding jobs with environmentally conscious customers
- Reduce shipping costs and no landfill tipping fees
- Participation in a meaningful program with a positive impact on the environment