Tuff-N-Nuff® is a rockshield comprised of small diameter (approximately 0.050”) strands of flexible PVC which form a porous, non-woven mat. These strands are bonded to each other in a controlled random pattern during production. Tuff-N-Nuff® protects pipeline coatings from direct impact during backfill operations. It also provides long-term protection by keeping hard objects in the backfill from coming into contact with the pipeline coating. Tuff-N-Nuff® also protects the pipeline coating from these abrasive objects as lateral and longitudinal movements occur once the pipeline is placed into service. In addition, Tuff-N-Nuff® does not shield cathodic protection being supplied to pipelines.
- Laboratory and field tested to protect FBE coated steel from rocky or harsh backfill material.
- Outstanding impact resistance results in the modified ASTM G-13 rock drop testing.
- Porous and random strand matrix design does not shield cathodic protection.
- PVC product construction reduces the impact load transfer onto the pipe during backfilling.
- Durable product which exhibits excellent physical and performance properties.
- Flexible, lightweight material allows for a quick and inexpensive installation process, even in extreme arctic temperatures.
- Custom sizes are available for every pipeline diameter size (zero waste).
- Product was designed and has been sold specifically as a rockshield for nearly 30 years.
- Manufacturing capacity to support large scale pipeline projects.
- Specified for use as a rockshield by some of largest pipeline owners in the world.
- Safety yellow color helps to identify the pipeline during dig ups.