- BMI Mesh is primarily used with BMI 777 Polymer-Modified Base Coat in accordance with EIFS specifications.
- It can also be used to integrate EPS shapes and over stucco in restoration projects to help resist cracking.
- Recommended for all applications and low traffic areas, second floor and higher as well as specialty shapes, parapets, irregular detail work inside and outside corners.
- Meets ASTM D-3775, ASTM D-3776, ASTM D-1777, ASTM D-5035
|Field Mesh|| |
48” wide x
150 linear feet
|4 rolls per box|
|Detail Mesh|| |
91/2” wide x
450 linear feet
|16 rolls per box|
- Before applying EPS insulation board, attach BMI Mesh from the edges of all planned termination points of the insulation with base coat.
- This strip of mesh will wrap the edge of the insulation when the base coat is applied “back wrapping”.
- The EPS insulation must be well fastened or adhered to the substrate.
- If insulation board has been adhesively applied, wait at least 24 hours before continuing work on the surface.
- Fill 1/8” (3.2 mm) gaps and larger in insulation board with slivers of EPS.
- Cut slivers flush with razor blade and rasp entire surface of insulation board.
- EPS insulation board shall not vary more than 1/8” (3.2 mm) in every 8’ (2.4 m) span.
- Cut any aesthetic joints at this time.
- Brush or blow off all insulation dust from wall.
- To complete the back wrapping of the insulation board, apply the base coat to the underside and approximately 6” (15.2 cm) up the insulation board.
- Starting from the underside, trowel in the BMI Mesh fully into the base coat.
- Do not leave any wrinkles in the mesh.
- Feather the base coat onto the insulation board.