DURABLE AND ECONOMICAL
Unlike in a traditional roofing system where the membrane is attached to the substrate by adhesive or plates and screws, in a waterproofing system you are able to loosely lay the Sarnafil G 476 membrane down without any attachment due to the fact that the membrane is the bottom layer in the system and will have things like pavers or soil on top to keep it down. The Sarnafil G 476’s seams are also hot-air welded for maximum water tightness.
Below are some of the reasons why a loose-laid waterproofing system might be the best fit for your project.
A concrete slab is a common structural element of modern buildings, consisting of a flat, horizontal surface made of cast concrete that can be used in areas such as the floor or the roof.
Concrete pavers are made in a factory rather than poured on site. Concrete pavers are a mixture of concrete and some type of coloring agent poured into a mold of some shape and allowed to set.
Adjustable Paver Pedestal
Paver pedestals go under the paver and can be adjusted up or down to make your plaza deck level. Pedestals are designed to hold the weight of the paver as well as foot or vehicle traffic.
LOOSE LAID SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
- Proven Sarnafil membrane
- Lightweight and easy to install
- A heavy duty polypropylene geotextile leveling layer minimizes expensive surface preparation
- Can be installed over damp or irregular surfaces in any temperature
- The bright orange Sarnafil G 476 membrane makes it easy to identify and inspect to maintain high levels of quality assurance and control during construction
- Watertight with hot-air welded seam overlaps
- Root and decay resistant membrane
- Membrane designed for extreme conditions such as low alkaline levels, fungi, bacterial organisms, constant dampness and ponding water
- Factory-manufactured sheet for quality control
SIKA AT WORK: CHICAGO CITY HALL
The Chicago City Hall vegetated “green” roof, as seen in the photo, is protected by Sika Sarnafil’s Loose-Laid System. As Chicago’s first green roof project, the City wanted to be sure that its roof deck has long-term protection from root growth, heavy overburden, algae and insects. They chose Sika waterproofing because of its proven performance track record of more than 30 years protecting green roofs throughout Europe.