SikaPower®-492 is a one-part, warm-applied, heat-curing high structural, impact modified adhesive based on epoxy. SikaPower®-492 is designed for sheet metal assembly work in the body shop and is cured with heat, e.g. in the paint oven, to form a high-performance thermoset.
SikaPower®-492 is suitable for high structural bonding of different types of metal. As an adhesive product, it is designed for use in combination with spot-welding, riveting, clinching, and other mechanical fastening techniques, and in some cases as a partial replacement for them.
- High strength
- Adheres well to oily substrates
- Very high resistance to washing out
- Suitable for joining different metals
- Distortion-free joining
- Provides protection against corrosion
- No damage to substrates
- Contains no solvents, PVC or isocyanates