Sikagard 570 is an elastomeric, UV curing, crack-bridging, anti-carbonation, fully reinforceable, acrylic protective coating. Sikagard 570 provides protection to reinforced concrete from the ingress of carbon dioxide and other aggressive gasses. It offers high resistance to chlorides and other waterborne salts and excellent UV light resistance. Sikagard 570 will not act as a vapor barrier and will enhance the appearance of the structure. Sikagard 570 is cured by exposure to UV radiation present in sunlight, which aids in the development of a surface skin which is relatively harder than the bulk of the coating beneath. This leads to a more durable surface and reduced dirt pickup. Similarly, as the coating does eventually begin to wear, the exposed material will maintain its hardened surface.
- UV curable top coat for a more durable wearing surface and lesser dirt pickup.
- Can bridge dynamically moving cracks
- Excellent carbonation barrier
- Vapor permeable
- Provides resistance to weathering and frost
- Crack bridging properties maintained at low temperatures
- Can be fully reinforced with Sika Flexitape or Sika Reemat Standard
- Excellent long term UV light resistance
- Can be applied by brush, roller, or airless spray
- Good color stability
- Extremely resistant to dirt pick up and mildew
- Nontoxic, nonflammable as a system
- Easily maintained silk finish