Pultruded carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) rods designed for strengthening concrete, timber and masonry structures.
Pultruded carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) laminate designed for strengthening concrete, timber and masonry structures that come in 2",
3" and 4" widths
High strength, unidirectional carbon or glass fiber fabric pre-saturated with resin to form a fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) used to strengthen structural concrete elements.
High strength, high modulus, uni- and bi-directional carbon or glass fiber fabrics to be used with SIkadur resins to form fiber reinforced polymers (FRP) used to strengthen structural concrete elements.
Two-component 100% solids, moisture tolerant, high strength, high modulus epoxies for use with SikaWrap and Carbodur FRP systems
Sika and StressHead have teamed up to create this system which uses a Sika CarboDur CFRP plate for bridge strengthening, click below to learn more!
Common reasons for structural strengthening:
- Durability problems due to poor or inappropriate construction materials
- Inadequate design or construction
- Aggressive environments not properly understood during the design stages
- Increased loading requirements due to changes of policy or use of structures
- Increased life-span requirements made on ageing infrastructure
- Exceptional or accidental loading
Sika Solution - Fiber Reinforced Polymers
Fiber reinforced polymers (FRP) are a proven technology for upgrading and strengthening concrete, masonry, and steel structures. These advanced composite materials have exceptionally high strengths, yet are very lightweight and easy to work with. They are used for increasing the capacity of existing buildings, seismically upgrading structures, correcting design or construction errors, and allowing modifications or changes in use.
- Economical and durable
- Easy application
- Extremely high tensile strength
- Outstanding fatigue behavior
- Absolute corrosion resistance
- Ability to upgrade structure while in use
- Upgrades possible even with limited access
Sika CarboDur® and SikaWrap® Systems
Sika CarboDur plates and SikaWrap fabrics have been used successfully on thousands of projects worldwide. The most common uses have been for flexural strengthening, shear upgrades and column confinement. However, they have many other uses, including strengthening for cut-outs, blast hardening, fire and structural damage, and upgrading structures damaged by corrosion.