Sika® FerroGard®-675 is a zinc based discrete sacrificial anode placed inside a concrete repair area in reinforced concrete structures which are corroding as a result of chloride induced corrosion. Sika® FerroGard®-675 anodes are placed along the perimeter of the repair area and fixed to the reinforcement prior to the application of a concrete repair system. The reinforcement outside the repaired area is at greatest corrosion risk owing to the passive condition of the reinforcement within the repaired area. Sika® FerroGard®-675 anodes corrode preferentially to the surrounding reinforcement offering protection against incipient corrosion damage.
- Anode Mortar Shell - uses proprietary technology that provides excellent transport of reactants to the surface of the zinc anode and corrosion products away from the surface of the zinc, using a chelation process. The encasing mortar will not cause corrosion of reinforcing steel.
- Proven technology – supported by 10+ years of development and testing.
- Cost Effective – lowers Life Cycle Cost of repairs.
- Auto-Corrosion – encasing mortar maintains performance but does not auto- or self-corrode the zinc anode.
- Ease of Installation – uses standard attachment methods known to industry.
- Self-Powered / Self Regulating – creates own protective current that adjusts to demand.
- Maintenance Free – requires no monitoring or maintenance.
- Safe to Use – protects conventional and pre-stressed / post-tension reinforcing steel; moderate pH safe to handle without PPE.
- Tie Wires – galvanized steel tie wires (annealed) are pre-twisted to form a cradle that accepts reinforcing steel, enables a better electrical contact and extends “throwing power”.
- Service Life – capable of 10+ years of protection depending on design and conditions.