Sikament®-100 SC is a unique bipolymer anti-washout admixture for the underwater placement of concrete and grout. Sikament®-100 SC meets the requirements of CRD-C661-06. How it Works: Sikament®-100 SC increases mix cohesiveness and imparts a variable viscosity characteristic to concrete and grout. Sikament®-100 SC produces concrete that becomes fluid and flowable when sheared or mechanically agitated. An example would be during pumping operations. This characteristic enables concrete to flow easily through and into confined spaces. The mix will revert to a dense, high viscous, consistency when at rest. This cohesive cement paste matrix promotes high compressive and flexural strength development.
Sikament®-100 SC reduces or eliminates the need to dewater underwater construction sites before concrete construction can take place. Concrete can be placed by pump or tremie directly into areas covered by water. Sikament®-100 SC maintains the concrete matrix integrity during high slump placements and reduces washout from the surface during curing.
- Reduce or eliminate dewatering costs associated with underwater construction.
- Concrete is easy to pump and flows readily into available spaces.
- Segregation and dilution are reduced, in-place compressive and bond strengths are significantly increased.
- Laitance on concrete surface caused by cement paste washout during curing is reduced or eliminated.
- The active slump life of the concrete is doubled without extended delays in setting time.