Sika® FerroGard®-903 is a corrosion inhibiting impregnation coating for hardened concrete surfaces. It is designed to penetrate the surface and then to diffuse in vapor or liquid form to the steel reinforcing bars embedded in the concrete. Sika® FerroGard®-903 forms a protective layer on the steel surface which inhibits corrosion caused by the presence of chlorides as well as by carbonation of concrete. How it works Sika® FerroGard®-903 is a combination of amino alcohols, and organic and inorganic inhibitors that protects both the anodic and cathodic parts of the corrosion cell. This dual action effect dramatically delays the initiation of corrosion and greatly reduces the overall corrosion activity. Sika Sika® FerroGard®-903 protects the embedded steel by depositing a physical barrier in the form of a protective layer on the surface of the steel reinforcement. This barrier inhibits corrosion of the steel.
- Protects against the harmful effects of corrosion by penetrating the surface of even the most dense concrete and diffusing to the steel to inhibit corrosion.
- Enhances the durability of reinforced concrete.
- Does not require concrete removal.
- Environmentally sound.
- Does not contain calcium nitrite.
- Easily applied by either spray or roller to all existing reinforced concrete.
- Can be applied to reinforced concrete that already exhibits corrosion.
- Adds additional benefits when used prior to protective coatings in concrete restoration systems.
- Water based for easy handling and application.
- Not a vapor barrier; allows vapor diffusion.
- FerroGard has been proven effective in both laboratory (ASTM G109/Cracked Beams) and field analysis.
- ANSI/NSF Standard 61 potable water approved