Sikafloor®-31 NA PurCem® FS
Sikafloor®-31 NA PurCem® FS is a three-component, pigmented, matte finish coating based on the unique Sikafloor PurCem water dispersed polyurethane/cement and aggregate technology. Typically installed as a top coat for Sikafloor PurCem systems. Can also be used as a stand alone coating on concrete surfaces. It provides an economical solution that has excellent chemical resistance properties and very good durability against abrasion and mechanical damage. Application thickness 15 - 20 mils (0.4- 0.5 mm) per coat.
- Can be applied on green concrete, typically 7-10 days. Full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (> 4% mass (pbw –part by weight) as measured with Tramex® CME/CMExpert type concrete moisture meter surface moisture).
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where <100 % relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor -31 NA Purcem FS Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40 °F (-40 °C) up to 248 °F (120 °C).
- Non-tainting, odorless.
- Good wear resistance from a two coat application, if used as a stand-alone coating.
- Behaves plastically under impact / deforms but will not crack or debond.
- High abrasion qualities result from its aggregate structure.
- Extra Expansion joints are not necessary; maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor PurCem Flooring System.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Meets the requirements of USDA for use in food plants.