What is “The Zone”? The SCC zone is the place to learn all about SCC, self consolidating concrete as well as login to Sika’s SCC Mix Design Tool.
What is SCC?
Very simply, SCC is simply a mix that is optimized for flow characteristics.
Just as all concrete mixes should be carefully designed to achieve the required performance characteristics, properly placed and properly cured so should SCC.
Self consolidating concrete (SCC) is highly flowable, non segregating concrete that can spread into place, fill the formwork, and encapsulate the reinforcement without any mechanical consolidation (ACI 237).
- Significant noise reduction: Little or no vibration required
- Improved Health and Safety
1) Reduced Manpower requirements (Faster and Easier Placement)
2) Less wear & tear and maintenance for Equipment (Cranes, mixers, vibrators, etc.)
3) Less Patching and Repair
- New Design possibilities:
1) Possibility of casting heavily reinforced, inaccessible and complicated shapes
- Surface finishing/ Appearance