Water Reducing and Workability Retaining Admixture
Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 is a workability retaining admixture for use in concrete applications. This product meets the requirements of ASTM C494, Type A & S.
Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 is unique concrete admixture used to control workability and slump retention of freshly mixed concrete. Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 contains the latest time released polycarboxylate polymer technology, allowing controlled slump extension depending on project needs and actual concreting conditions. Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 typically does not significantly increases slump of the concrete mixture once introduced and properly mixed, but rather maintains concrete consistency for an extended period of time, resulting in a “Flat” slump life performance. Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 can be successfully used in various concrete applications, specifically whenever extended slump retention and concrete plasticity without set time delays is required. Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 is engineered to maximize product performance and to deliver desired consistency across the wide variety of cementitious materials available on the market. Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 is not a retarding admixture. Use of Sika ViscoFlow®-2020 offers the following benefits to a concrete producer:
- Extended slump retention without excessive retardation.
- Reduce or eliminate the need for concrete re-tempering.
- “Flat” slump life performance.
- Better ability to optimize concrete mix designs resulting in cost savings.
- Ability to use higher content of supplementary cementitious materials due to improved production consistency.
- Ability to adjust the slump retention accordingly to transportation time.
- Easy and simple adjustment of concrete slump retention based on ambient temperatures.
- Improved concrete consistency and reduced rejection rates due to issues related to concrete re-tempering.