High Range Water Reducing Admixture
Sikament®-610 is a high range water reducer and superplasticizer utilizing Sika’s ViscoCrete® polycarboxylate polymer technology. Sikament®-610 meets requirements for ASTMC-494 Types A and F and AASHTO M-194 Types A and F.
Water Reduction: Implication of high performance polymers allows Sikament®-610 to be used for all levels of water reduction. Sikament®-610 delivers high early strength development without causing delay of setting time, while providing a window of workability that makes it useful for most concreting applications. Sikament®-610 is designed for both the production of conventional slump concrete, as well as for SCC applications. High Plasticity and Cohesion: The superplasticizing action of Sikament®-610 allows the production of high-slump concrete without segregation such that concrete can be placed with minimal vibrations even at low water cement ratios. Sikament®-610 is typically very cost effective when used for water reduction in the range of 20–25 %. Sikament®-610 maintains excellent cohesion within the concrete matrix eliminating excessive bleeding and/or segregation. The combined high range water reduction and efficient dispersing action of Sikament®-610 provide the following benefits in hardened concrete:
- Higher early compressive strengths for earlier removal of forms and structural use of concrete.
- Higher ultimate strengths allow for greater engineering design flexibility and structural economies.
- Reduced water cement ratios produce more durable, dense concrete with reduced permeability.
- Highly effective dispersion reduces surface defects in concrete elements and improves aesthetic appearance.
- In combination with set time accelerators or hardening accelerators, its fast setting characteristics and fast early strength development allows users to reduce the amount of heat necessary to achieve stripping strength.