Learn More about Sika WT-240 P
Sika® WT-240 P is a powdered, plant-added crystalline based permeability reducing admixture for use in hydrostatic applications, (PRAH) that reduces the ability of concrete to conduct water flow. It contains moisture activated compounds that produce insoluble crystalline deposits that form within the capillary system. These crystalline formulations have the ability to reduce the size of capillary pores and prevent water penetration.
Speak To An Expert
Features & Benefits
- Up to 85 % reduction in permeability per DIN 1048 testing.
- Lower construction cost compared to traditional types of membrane waterproofing.
- Simple one-step use results in reduced application time and faster construction process.
- Uniform waterproofing throughout the entire concrete volume.
- Improved resistance against hydrostatic pressure.
- Ability to seal concrete cracks up to 0.016in (0.40 mm).
- Easy application due to repulpable bags.
- Meets the requirements of ASTM C-494 Type S.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Certified.
- Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Bridges and Highways
- Parking Garages
- Precast Concrete
- Commercial and Industrial Facilities
- Data Centers
- Marine Structures
- Swimming Pools
Make Your Application Watertight
How Watertight Concrete Helped Repair the Lincoln Memorial Pool
In 2010, funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act made the $34 million renovation of the Lincoln Memorial reflecting pool possible. The reflecting pool was slightly redesigned to be shallower and more aesthetically pleasing. Most importantly rehabilitation addressed the water quality and watertightness issues. Thanks in part to the durable products provided by Sika, the Lincoln Memorial reflecting pool will continue to be a treasured national monument for generations to come.