Creating Ultra High Performance Concrete to Exceed Conventional Concrete
Ultra High-Performance Concrete (UHPC), is a high performance, fiber reinforced cementitious material formulated for concrete rehabilitation/retrofitting applications including structural, precast, civil, and architectural applications. UHPC is an alternative building material with high tensile strength, increased ductility and durability properties then traditional concrete. The ultra-high strength fiber reinforcement increases the concrete’s bending capacity and ductility. SikaFibers® are designed to engage in the concrete matrix for a uniform, durable mix. SikaFibers for UHPC meet ASTM A820 Standards. Our SikaFiber® 6013 UHPC is 100% made in the USA and complies with the requirements of the Build America, Buy American Act (BABAA).
UHPC is utilized in many different applications for durability, impact resistance, reduction in corrosion, extended life cycle of a structure. UHPC has a discontinuous pore structure that leads to reduced liquid ingress which leads to enhanced durability.
- Virtually an impermeable surface.
- Designed to last 2-3 longer than conventional systems.
- Resistant to environmental degradation.
- Lighter weight – UHPC wall panels can be up to 25% thinner.
- Much lower cost alternative to a full bridge deck replacement.
- Strengthens entire bridge deck system.
- Up to 4 times as durable than a traditional bridge deck system.
- Utilized as a long-lasting repair system.
- Impact resistance – UHPC has been shown to absorb 3x more energy.
APPLICATIONS INCLUDE: MARINE STRUCTURES SUCH AS DAMS, LOCKS AND ABUTMENTS, BRIDGE DECKS SUCH AS OVERLAYS, PREFABRICATED BRIDGE DECK CONNECTIONS, GIRDERS, STRUCTURAL REPAIRS, OVERLAYS, RETROFITTING, BLAST RESISTANCE, PRECAST APPLICATIONS