Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem® is a trowel grade, solid color, three-component, water dispersed polyurethane-based/cement and aggregate screed, designed to provide excellent resistance to abrasion, impact, chemical attack and other physical aggression. Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem® has a textured aggregate surface providing moderate slip resistance. Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem® Broadcast has a broadcast aggregate texture for increased slip resistance. Both systems are typically installed at 1/4 to 3/8 in (6 to 9 mm) thickness.
- Can be applied on green concrete, typically 7-10 days and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 218 psi (1.5 MPa).
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where <100 % relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor®-19 NA PurCem® Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40 °F (-40 °C) up to 248 °F (120 °C).
- Steam cleanable at 1/4–3/8 in (6–9 mm) thickness.
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- Non-tainting, odorless.
- Behaves plastically under impact / deforms but will not crack or debond.
- High abrasion qualities result from its aggregate structure.
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (<10 % surface moisture), full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Extra Expansion joints are not necessary; maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor PurCem Flooring System.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM D3273 resistance to mold growth.
- Meets the requirements of USDA for use in food plants.