Sikafloor®-22 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor 22NA PurCem is a self-leveling, medium to heavy duty, solid color, three component, cementitious urethane slurry designed to provide excellent resistance to abrasion, impact, and chemical attack. Sikafloor 22NA PurCem is broadcast with dried quartz sand and sealed with Sikafloor 31NA PurCem to produce a solid color finish, or can be broadcasted with colored quartz aggregate and sealed with Sikafloor resinous flooring products for a decorative finish. The system is typically installed at 3/16 to 1/4 inch (4.5 to 6 mm) thickness.
- Can be applied on green concrete (typically 7 -10 days) after preparation (see surface prep section) and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 218 psi (1.5 MPa).
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where <100% relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor PurCem Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40°F (-40°C) up to 248°F (120°C).
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- The broadcast finish provides a slip resistant surface.
- High abrasion qualities result from its aggregate structure.
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (<10% surface moisture), full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Extra expansion joints are not necessary; maintain and extend existing expansion joints through the Sikafloor PurCem Flooring System.
- Behaves plastically under impact / deforms but will not crack or debond.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM D3273 resistance to mold growth.
- Meets the requirements of USDA for use in food plants.
- Non-tainting, odorless.