Sikafloor®-24 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor-24NA PurCem is a state of the art, phthalate-free, water dispersed polyurethane based/cement and aggregate screed, applicable at thicknesses ranging from 80 to 160 mils (2 to 4 mm). It is designed to be installed as a self-leveling floor topping that provides an easy-to-clean, smooth surface with medium slip resistance values and is typically used for general, industrial applications. Sikafloor-24 NA PurCem represents superior polyurethane/cement technology, combining easier application, resistance to blistering and improved performance.
- Can be applied on green concrete (typically 7 -10 days) after preparation (see surface prep section) and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 218 psi (1.5 MPa).
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (<10% surface moisture), full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Easy installation requiring less labor to install than traditional Sikafloor® PurCem® trowel and heavy duty slurry grade materials
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where <100% relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Wide range of application temperatures from 7°C (45°F) minimum to 38°C (100°F) maximum.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor PurCem Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Good abrasion resistance, providing cost effective and durable floor topping.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling.
- Performs and retains its physical characteristics through a wide, wet or dry temperature range from 41°F (-5°C) at 2.0 mm and 14°F (-10°C ) at 4.0 mm up to 248°F (120°C).
- Superior formulation eliminates formation of blisters, such as those arising out of application during elevated temperatures or early and multiple layer applications.
- Non-tainting, odorless and phthalate-free, avoiding associated toxicity to health and environmental hazards.
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- Compatible with a wide range of Sikafloor epoxy or polyurethane resin sealers, enabling UV- stable sealers to be applied where required. Consult Sika Technical department for full details.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Extra expansion joints are not necessary; maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor PurCem Flooring System.
- Behaves plastically under impact / deforms but will not crack or debond.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM