Sikafloor®-29 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor®-29 NA PurCem® is a vertical grade, three-component, solid color, water dispersed polyurethane based/cement and aggregate mortar used for detailing work and coving. It has a finely textured smooth aggregate appearance that provides excellent resistance to abrasion, impact, chemical attack and other physical aggression. System is typically installed at 1⁄8 to 1⁄4 in (3 - 6 mm) thickness.
- Can be applied on green concrete (typically 7 -10 days) after preparation (see surface prep section) and where substrate has tensile bond strength in excess of 218 psi (1.5 MPa).
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where < 100% relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts, and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sika PurCem Chemical Resistance Chart
- Designed specifically for trowel applications to vertical surfaces.
- Similar coefficients of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40°F (-40°C) up to 248°F (120°C).
- Bond strength in excess of the tensile strength of concrete, concrete will fail first.
- Non-taint, odorless.
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (> 4% mass (pbw –part by weight) as measured with Tramex® CME/CMExpert type concrete moisture meter surface moisture), full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Behaves plastically under impact; deforms but will not crack or debond.
- High abrasion qualities result from its aggregate structure.
- Easily maintained.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Achieves highest performance ratings according to ASTM G21 resistance to fungi and ASTM D3273 resistance to mold growth.
- Meets the requirements of USDA for use in food plants.