Sikafloor®-31 NA PurCem®
Sikafloor®-31 NA PurCem® is a three-component, pigmented, matte finish coating based on the unique Sikafloor PurCem water dispersed polyurethane/cement and aggregate technology. Typically installed as a primer and topcoat for Sikafloor PurCem systems. Can also be used as a stand alone coating on concrete surfaces.It provides an economical solution that has excellent chemical resistance properties and very good durability against abrasion and mechanical damage. System can be installed to 15 to 20 mils (0.4 to 0.5 mm) per coat.
- Can be applied on green concrete, typically 7-10 days. Full 28 days cure time is not necessary.
- Can be applied over partially cured concrete substrates (> 4% mass (pbw –part by weight) as measured with Tramex® CME/CMExpert type concrete moisture meter surface moisture).
- Can be applied to concrete substrates where <100 % relative humidity is measured as per ASTM F2170.
- Resists a very wide range of organic and inorganic acids, alkalis, amines, salts and solvents. Consult Sika Technical Service for full details. Refer to the Sikafloor -31 NA Purcem (FS) Chemical Resistance Chart.
- Similar coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete allowing movement with the substrate through normal thermal cycling. It will perform and retain its physical characteristics through a wide temperature range from -40 °F (-40 °C) up to 248 °F (120 °C).
- Non-tainting, odorless.
- Good wear resistance from a two coat application, if used as a stand-alone coating.
- Behaves plastically under impact / deforms but will not crack or debond.
- High abrasion qualities result from its aggregate structure.
- Extra Expansion joints are not necessary; maintain and extend existing expansion joints up through the Sikafloor PurCem Flooring System.
- Minimal maintenance costs, superior life cycle cost advantage versus tile.
- Meets the requirements of USDA for use in food plants.