High Range Water Reducer
Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 is a high range water reducer and superplasticizer utilizing Sika’s ‘ViscoCrete®’ polycarboxylate polymer technology. Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 meets the requirements for ASTM C-494 Types A and F and AASHTO M-194 Types A and F.
Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 can be dosed in small amounts to obtain water reduction from 10-15 %, and will achieve water reduction up to 45 % at high dosage rates. Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 is suitable for all levels of water reduction.
High Plasticity and Cohesion:
The superplasticizing action of Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 provides high-slump, flowing concrete that maintains excellent workability, and may be placed with minimal or no vibration even at very low water cement ratios as low as 0.25. Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 maintains excellent cohesion within the concrete matrix, and eliminates excessive bleeding or segregation. The unique plasticizing effect of Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 provides excellent formed surface finish.
The combined high range water reduction and superplasticizing action of Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 provide the following benefits in hardened concrete:
- Higher early compressive strengths for earlier removal of forms and structural use of concrete.
- Higher ultimate strengths allow for greater engineering design flexibility and structural economies.
- Reduced water cement ratios produce more durable, dense concrete with reduced permeability.
- Highly effective plasticizer reduces surface defects in concrete elements and improves aesthetic appearance.
- Ideal for the production of Self Consolidating Concrete.
It has been formulated to provide maximum water reduction, increased early strength, improved finishing characteristics, especially when a broom is desired. Sika® ViscoCrete®-6100 does not contain formaldehyde, calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chlorides, and will not initiate or promote the corrosion of steel present in the concrete.