Resinous floor and wall systems are being adopted by designers of healthcare facilities faster than any other surfaces because of their innate hygiene, long life cycle, easy maintenance and fast installation process. Industry expert, Jim Hendley, discusses the specific issues healthcare facility designers and managers must consider when specifying surfaces in new construction or retrofit projects.
- Defining Resinous Surface System
- Design Criteria for Finishes
- Resinous System Advantages
- Resinous Floor & Wall Systems by Area
- Cross-Linked Polymeric Materials
-Protect, Restore, Enhance, Decorate
-Not just a paint product
-Chemically react to form new material
- Typical Materials
-Epoxy, Polyurethanes, Acrylic, Vinyl Esters
- Coating/SL Slurry/ Mortar Applied at Job Site
- 45 Year Track Record in Seamless, Clean Applications!
- Surface Gloss
- No Seams
- No shelf to accumulate organic material
- Simple cleaning and lower cost
- Positive, lasting patient and staff impressions
- Resinous floor & wall systems with low/no VOCs.
- System options derived from rapidly renewable resources.
- Resinous floor & wall systems do not need to be removed and out into landfill.
AREAS USING RESINOUS SYSTEMS DESIGN
- Lobbies, Corridors, Stairs, Cafeteria
- ER, Outpatient
- Lab, Pharmacy, Radiology
- Patients Rooms, Restrooms
- Surgical Services, Nursey, Intensive Care
- Dietary Service, Housekeeping, Laundry, Laboratories
- Mechanical Equipment Rooms
- Resinous floor and wall systems can be utilized to guide patients and employees throughout the facility.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Vertical Market Manager - Life Sciences
For thirty years, Jim Hendley, Sika's Life Sciences Vertical Market Manager, has worked with BioPham, Research and Healthcare owners and their design and construction teams to optimize their hygienic resinous floor and wall systems performance.
He has worked with some of the world's most recognized Healthcare and Life Sciences organizations on major projects both in the United States and abroad. Jim is an industry recognized expert, whose opinions are often sought after by the Life Sciences media. He is a published author and is a frequent speaker on issues relating to hygienic environments at industry forums and conferences.
SCHEDULE A LUNCH AND LEARN
Sika Flooring offers a variety of Lunch and Learn sessions. Please submit the form below to request your Lunch and Learn! Please fill out the form and we will respond to you as soon as possible. Fields marked "*" are required.