SikaMix® PL-100 is a blend of surfactants and water reducing polymers in an aqueous solution used in the manufacture of drycast concrete products. When added into the concrete mix it acts as a manufacturing aid to speed production and enhance product appearance and strength. SikaMix® PL-100 contains no calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chloride containing ingredients. It will not initiate or promote the corrosion of steel in contact with the concrete.
- Machine productivity will be increased by more rapid filling of form and mold boxes.
- The internal lubricating properties of SikaMix® PL-100 reduce the wear on machinery and extend machine life.
- Provides a better form swipe on drycast products.
- Lighter colors will maintain a more uniform, consistent shade and general product appearance will be improved.
- Edges on pipe and block will be sharper, more defined and less likely to chip.
- Improves early and final strength of concrete.
- Improves compactability.
- Reduces breakage and culls.
- Extends life of molds and machine parts.
- Enables the use of pozzolans as a cement replacement while providing similar strengths and workability.
- Reduces the need for higher curing temperatures while maintaining early strengths.