High Range Water Reducing Admixture
Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 is a high range water reducer and superplasticizer utilizing Sika’s ‘ViscoCrete®’ polycarboxylate polymer technology. Sika® Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 meets the requirements for ASTM C-494 Types A and F and AASHTO M-194 Types A and F.
Water Reduction: Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 can be dosed in small amounts to obtain water reduction from 10–15 %, and will achieve water reduction up to 40 % at high dosage rates. Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 is suitable for all levels of water reduction.
High Plasticity and Cohesion: The special formulation of Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 helps maintain the plasticity of the concrete and extends its workability time during warmer months when slump loss and fast stiffening of the fresh concrete can be a concern. The superplasticizing action of Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 provides high slump, flowing concrete that maintains excellent workability, and may be placed with minimal or no vibration even at very low water cement ratios as low as 0.25. Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 maintains excellent cohesion within the concrete matrix, and eliminates excessive bleeding or segregation. The unique plasticizing effect of Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 provides excellent formed surface finish. The combined high range water reduction and superplasticizing action of Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 provide the following benefits in hardened concrete:
- High early compressive strengths for earlier removal of forms and structural use of concrete.
- High ultimate strengths allow for greater engineering design flexibility and structural economies.
- Reduced water cement ratios produce more durable, dense concrete with reduced permeability.
- Highly effective plasticizer reduces surface defects in concrete elements and improves aesthetic appearance.
- Ideal for the production of Self Consolidating Concrete.
Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 has been formulated to provide maximum water reduction, increased early strength, improved finishing characteristics, especially when a broom is desired. Sika® ViscoCrete®-4100 does not contain formaldehyde, calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chlorides, and will not initiate or promote the corrosion of steel present in the concrete.