Sika® Plastocrete®-161 is a lignin polymer-type water-reducing admixture. Sika® Plastocrete®-161 meets the requirements of ASTM C-494, Types A, B and D admixtures.
- Reduced water content required to achieve desired slump, increases compressive and flexural strengths and allows the use of more economical mixes.
- Improved paste quality makes concrete easier to pump and finish.
- Consistent normal setting times throughout the recommended dosage.
- Lower water cement ratios provide decreased permeability and increased durability.
- Sika® Plastocrete®-161 does not contain intentionally added chlorides and will not initiate nor promote the corrosion of steel in the concrete.