Sika® Plastiment® XR
Water Reducing and Retarding Admixture
Sika® Plastiment® XR is a water-reducing and retarding admixture. Sika® Plastiment® XR meets the requirements of ASTM C-494 and AASHTO M194 as Types B and D admixture.
- Reduces the rate of hydration of cement and controls concrete temperature.
- Improves slump retention and retards set time of concrete.
- Provides sufficient time for placement and finishing of concrete without cold joints in hot weather conditions.
- In flatwork applications, Sika® Plastiment® XR acts as a finishing aid, improves workability, controls bleeding and provides a superior surface finish.
- In mass concrete pours, Sika® Plastiment® XR controls temperature rise and reduces the risk of thermal cracking.
- Improves compressive strength, flexural strength and durability by controlling the cement hydration reaction.
- Improves homogeneity in the mix and reduces chances of segregation.