Sika® Stabilizer-4 R
Sika® Stabilizer-4 R is a ready to use liquid-based viscosity modifying admixture. Sika® Stabilizer-4 R improves stability and segregation resistance of concrete mixes without significant reduction of slump or flow, resulting in improved surface quality and aesthetics. Sika® Stabilizer-4 R is suitable for various types of concrete. Sika® Stabilizer-4 R has been found to improve plastic properties of Self Consolidating Concrete (SCC) as well as high slump conventional concrete mixes, and mixes containing manufactured sand and/or poorly graded aggregates.
Sika® Stabilizer-4 R helps stabilize the air void system in freshly mixed and placed concrete and increases the overall concrete stability. Sika® Stabilizer-4 R also reduces the consolidation effort, which could be utilized in a dry-cast application to reduce the production cycle time. Sika® Stabilizer-4 R is compatible with Sika® ViscoCrete® high range water reducing admixtures and is recommended for precast and ready mix concrete applications. Sika® Stabilizer-4 R meets the requirements for ASTM C-494, Type S admixture.
- Enhances stability of concrete matrix integrity during high slump placements
- Improves distribution of aggregate in the concrete mixture
- Increases the cohesiveness of lean and harsh mix designs
- Reduces segregation and bleeding
- Improves surface finishability
- Improves the air void distribution within the concrete matrix
- Reduces consolidation effort due to reduced stiffening