High Range Water Reducing Admixture
Sikament®-610 is a high range water reducer and superplasticizer utilizing Sika’s ViscoCrete® polycarboxylate polymer technology. Sikament®-610 meets requirements for ASTMC-494 Types A and F and AASHTO M-194 Types A and F.
Water Reduction: Implication of high performance polymers allows Sikament®-610 to be used for all levels of water reduction. Sikament®-610 delivers high early strength development without causing delay of setting time, while providing a window of workability that makes it useful for most concreting applications. Sikament®-610 is designed for both the production of conventional slump concrete, as well as for SCC applications.
High Plasticity and Cohesion: The superplasticizing action of Sikament®-610 allows the production of high-slump concrete without segregation such that concrete can be placed with minimal vibrations even at low water cement ratios. Sikament®-610 is typically very cost effective when used for water reduction in the range of 20–25 %. Sikament®-610 maintains excellent cohesion within the concrete matrix eliminating excessive bleeding and/or segregation. The combined high range water reduction and efficient dispersing action of Sikament®-610 provide the following benefits in hardened concrete:
- Higher early compressive strengths for earlier removal of forms and structural use of concrete.
- Higher ultimate strengths allow for greater engineering design flexibility and structural economies.
- Reduced water cement ratios produce more durable, dense concrete with reduced permeability.
- Highly effective dispersion reduces surface defects in concrete elements and improves aesthetic appearance.
- In combination with set time accelerators or hardening accelerators, its fast setting characteristics and fast early strength development allows users to reduce the amount of heat necessary to achieve stripping strength.
Sikament®-610 has been formulated to provide maximum water reduction and increased early strength. In addition improved finishing characteristics may be achieved, particularly when final finish, such as broom finish, is desired. Sikament®-610 does not contain calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chlorides and will not initiate or promote the corrosion of steel present in the concrete.