High Range Water Reducing Admixture
Sikament®-686 is a high range water reducing admixture utilizing Sika’s ViscoCrete® Technology. It’s unique formulation is based on polycarboxylate technology. Sikament®-686 meets the requirements for ASTM C-494 Types A and F admixture.
High Range Water Reducing Applications:
When used as a high range water reducing admixture, water reduction up to 30 % can be obtained. The superplasticizing action allows for the production of high slump flowing concrete with excellent workability that can be placed with minimum vibration even at a low water/cementitious ratio. The dispersing action of Sikament®-686 maximizes cement hydration efficiency and improves concrete’s early and long term compressive strengths.
Mid Range Water Reducing Applications:
At a lower dosage, Sikament®-686 can be used as a cost effective mid range water reducing admixture or simply as a water reducing admixture for production of conventional slump concrete. When used as a mid range water reducing admixture, water reduction up to 15 % can be obtained. This application is ideal for use with lean, harsh concrete mixes or concrete containing fly ash. Sikament®-686 will improve workability and finishability. The combined water reducing and superplasticizing action provide the following benefits:
- Higher early and ultimate strengths for cost effective high strength concrete and earlier structural use of concrete.
- Higher early strengths allow faster demolding and more efficient use of forms to precast producers.
- Increased slump improves workability and reduces labor costs.
- Full flow action aids in pumping and reduces need for vibration.
- Greater concrete density reduces permeability and increases durability.
Sikament®-686 does not contain calcium chloride or any other intentionally added chlorides and will not initiate or contribute to corrosion on steel reinforcement present in the concrete.