Sikalastic®-500 is a versatile, low VOC, ultra high solids, single-component, liquid applied silicone roof coating. It provides superior UV resistance over a variety of roof substrates. The main features of Sikalastic®-500 are its high solids content, rapid cure and superior physical properties. Certified to meet CoolRoofRatingCouncil (CRRC) and EPA guidelines for ENERGY STAR® compliance.
- VOC Compliant: < 50 g/l VOC maximum in California.
- UV resistant: Slows degradation caused by normal weathering, aging, and ultraviolet rays
- Reflective Top Coat: Can reduce cooling costs by reflecting UV rays. The high reflectivity also helps colors maintain their original appearance, whereas other roof coatings tend to fade and sun bleach at much quicker rates.
- Waterproof: Able to withstand ponding water.
- Durability: Infrequent and low maintenance costs.
- High tensile strength and abrasion resistance.
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of roof surfaces.
- Ease of application - fast and simple to install
- Can be used to reinforce penetrations and terminations ,and make spot repairs.
- Retains its integrity from -80 °F to 250 °F (-62–121 °C)
- Accelerator is available to shorten cure time.
- Open window (recoat time) maximum 7 days between the coats.