R-Tech FF (Fanfold) is a high-performance sheathing consisting of a superior closed-cell, lightweight and resilient expanded polystyrene (EPS) with advanced polymeric laminate facers. The core of R-Tech is the same high-quality as our InsulRoof brand insulations, and meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C578, Standard Specifi cation for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation. In addition, R-Tech has excellent dimensional stability, compressive strength and water resistant properties.
- Labor Savings. R-Tech FF comes in 200 ft2 bundles, and is lightweight enough that the average roof mechanic can carry an R-Tech bundle under each arm (a total of 4 squares). Competing 4' x 8' recover products would require 13 sheets to cover 4 squares, and weigh almost 5 times as much as R-Tech FF.
- User Friendly. The R-Tech manufacturing process ensures that it will lay fl at during installation, eliminating the thermoplastic roof system seam-welding issues that are experienced with other FF products.
- Versatile. The unique polymeric laminate facers allow singleply membranes, including PVC, to be installed directly over R-Tech without additional slip sheets or divorcement.
- Cost-Effective. R-Tech is typically less expensive than other recover products, requires fewer fasteners per square foot, and is easier to handle.
- Environmentally Friendly. It contains no formaldehyde or HCFCs, may contain recycled material, and has a foam core that is 100% recyclable.
- Proven Performance. The same fundamental chemistry has been in use since the mid-1950s, so the actual performance of the product is well known.
- Water-Resistant. R-Tech is hydrophobic (does not readily absorb moisture) and does not promote the migration of moisture into the insulation.
- Code Approvals. R-Tech has numerous recover listings with Underwriters Laboratories. Please refer to UL’s Roofing Materials Directory or contact your Insulfoam representative for additional information.