Sikaflex®-1A is a premium-grade, high-performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant. Sikaflex-1a can be used in green and damp concrete applications. Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A. Meets ASTM C920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, Use T, NT, O, M, A, I. Canadian standard CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87.
- Eliminates time, effort, and equipment for mixing, filling cartridges, pre-heating or thawing, and cleaning of equipment.
- Fast tack-free and final cure times.
- High elasticity - cures to a tough, durable, flexible consistency with exceptional cut and tear -resistance.
- Stress relaxation.
- Excellent adhesion - bonds to most construction materials without a primer.
- Excellent resistance to aging, weathering.
- Proven in tough climates around the world.
- Can be applied to green concrete 24 hours after pour
- Can be applied to damp concrete 1 hour after getting wet
- Jet fuel resistant.
- Certified to NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 for potable water (meets applicable requirements of NSF/ANSI 600).
- Urethane-based; suggested by EPA as a caulk and crack sealant for radon reduction.
- Paintable with water-, oil- and rubber-based paints.
- Capable of ±35% joint movement.