The Single-Ply Re-cover Solution
The Single-Ply Re-cover Solution is a time-saving, cost-effective re-cover solution designed to go directly over existing TPO and EPDM roofs while meeting local fire code requirements.
The solution utilizes the new Sikaplan Fastened membrane with a 3-ounce felt backing (FB3) rather than the standard 9-ounce felt backing. This mechanically attached system is designed specifically for use in single-ply re-cover applications over TPO and EPDM.
Currently, a TPO or EPDM membrane cannot typically be installed over another TPO or EPDM system and meet the local fire requirements for roof systems as noted in the International Building Code (IBC) without having to add a separation layer such as a hardboard or a loose felt product.
When using the new Sikaplan FB3 membrane, you avoid the added price of the hardboard or the loose felt product, as well as the labor to install these products. The Sikaplan FB3 membrane excels as a quick, effective option for single-ply re-cover applications over TPO and EPDM roofs.
- Inherent fire performance of our PVC allows the system to pass the UL 790 and ASTM E 108 fire tests, meeting the IBC roofing fire requirements and local fire codes
- Eliminates the need to install a cover board or loose-lay a roll of thick felt over the old system
- Felt backing acts as an inexpensive separation layer between two membrane types
- Saves in year-off and disposal costs
- Sikaplan FB3 is available in 10-foot rolls of white, 60 mil membrane